Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Plain)


I more or less stay away from yogurt because it has so much sugar in it, but I have to say I loooove Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt and Chobani Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt. They are the lowest carb, highest protein yogurts I’ve ever found.

Stats:

In a 6 oz. serving: 100 calories, 18 grams of protein, 7 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of fat.

I love it for:

-Thickening smoothies

-Sweetened with sugar-free sweetener and/or fruit as a dessert

-As a sour cream alternative (it’s really not sweet tasting on its own)

-As a quick, healthy snack.

-To make savory dishes creamier in place of heavy cream

I have to say I really don’t like the varieties with fruit/jam in them because they have a lot more sugar and calories. They’re delicious, but I feel like dumping sugar on top of something healthy kind of defeats the purpose of eating healthy in the first place. I try to never eat anything with added sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment