Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wine is Fine, But Liquor is Quicker

I slipped up a bit last night...I started the evening with a glass of wine, but I ended it taking a couple shots of Bacardi. While the shots didn't have that many extra calories, I ended up feeling super snacky and munching on toast with butter (kill me) and pork rinds*. I need to stick. with. wine. That said, I feel relatively slender still and I'm glad I didn't totally binge.

Can't take all the credit though. My boyfriend hid the peanut butter from me and wouldn't let me have it.

*In defense of pork rinds, they are super low-carb (which means they won't make your blood sugar spike and crash later) and do have 7 grams of protein in a serving. A serving has 80 calories. If you stick to an appropriate portion, the fat and protein can help keep you feeling more satisfied than say, 2 fat-free rice cakes for the same amount of calories.

Remember, fat in food does not magically become fat in your body. Excess calories (whether those calories come from steak, yogurt, bananas, granola, muffins, whatever) become fat in your body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment